Logitech G Challenge
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW
The Logitech G Challenge (“the Competition”) is a feeder competition for Semi-finals of the McLaren Shadow Project 2018 (“Shadow Project”).
Participants will put their driving skills to the test and battle it out through two rounds, Qualifiers and a Final, to be crowned the Logitech G Challenge Champion. The Logitech G Challenge Champion will be directly entered into the Semi-finals of the McLaren Shadow Project, where he/she will compete for a chance to become McLaren Shadow Project 2018 Champion, and win a place on McLaren’s new eSports team.
The Competition is open to anyone who is eligible to take part in the Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In particular Participants will need a copy of the official Project Cars 2 game and a compatible console, in line with Project Cars 2’s compatibility list. Participants will also need to complete the online registration process in order to compete in the Competition. Participants must be 18 years of age at the moment of registration.
Participants must also agree to all the rules and Terms and Conditions of the McLaren Shadow Project 2018.
The structure of the Competition is as follows:
- Online registration
- Logitech G Challenge Qualifier Events:
- 3 online Qualifying Sessions;
- Wild card competitions.
- Logitech G Challenge Final at Paris Games Week.
The results of the Online and Wild card Qualifier Events shall determine 8 Finalists (3 winners of the online Qualifying Sessions and 5 winners of the Wild card competitions) to progress to the Competition Final. The Final shall produce a Logitech G Challenge Champion. This Champion will be directly entered in to the Semi-finals of the McLaren Shadow Project 2018.
Please find below key information relating to the Competition Registration and Qualifier Events (note this does not replace any requirement for entrants to read and agree to the Logitech G Challenge T&C’s in its entirety, nor any document referred to within).
- Participants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of registration.
- Participants must agree to all Logitech G Challenge, Project Cars and McLaren Shadow Project rules, T&C’s and handbooks.
- Online registration is mandatory for all Participants at www.LogitechGChallenge.com
- Online registration will open on Thursday 13th September 2018 and close on 14th October 2018 at 23:59
- The Qualifier Events will only be available within the official Project Cars 2 game on any device on Project Cars 2 compatible list.
- The 3 online Qualifying Sessions will run periodically from Monday to Monday, each lasting 7 days. The first Qualifying Session will open on Monday 24th September 2018 at 00:01 CEST and the final Qualifying Session will close on Monday 15th October 2018 at 23:59 CEST.
- At the close of each Qualifying Session, the racers who achieve the top 20 lap times receive points that can accumulate throughout their participation in each of the 3 Qualifying S
- The 3 Participants who score the highest points throughout the Qualifier Events shall progress through to the Final.
- Car setups throughout the Qualifier Events will be defaulted, with the baseline setup for all Participants defined by Project Cars. The game server will force Participants to use the default setup for the chosen car, and changes to this setup will not be possible for Participants.
- Assist modifiers, such as traction control and stability assist, can be defined by the Participant. Participant is free to choose from the gameplay options menu which driving assists he/she would like to use.
- Participants are permitted to use their own peripherals during online Qualifying Sessions. During the Final, Participants will be required to use a specified Logitech G Challenge gaming rig with a steering wheel.
- The Promoter reserves its rights to alter, amend or supplement the Logitech G Challenge T&C’s from time to time as they consider desirable to do so.
- The Mclaren Shadow Project 2018 will be promoted and managed by McLaren Racing. The Promoter will not be held liable for any changes or alterations made by McLaren Racing.
- THE PROMOTER
- The promoter and operator of the Logitech G Challenge, including registration, Qualifier Events and Final is Logitech Europe SA, EPFL-Quartier de l’Innovation, Daniel Borel Innovation Center, Lausanne, Switzerland (“The Promoter”).
- The promoter and operator of the McLaren Shadow Project 2018 is McLaren Racing, of McLaren Technology Centre, Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 4YH, United Kingdom. (“McLaren Racing”)
- THE COMPETITION
- The title of the competition is Logitech G Challenge (“the Competition”).
- The Competition is a feeder competition for the McLaren Shadow Project 2018 (“Shadow Project”). Participants will enter the Competition to compete against each other on Project Cars 2, putting their e-racing skills to the test. Qualifier Events consist of 3 Qualifying Sessions during which 8 winners will be selected to participate in the Final. The overall winner will be crowned the Logitech G Challenge Champion and will also be entered directly into the Semi-finals of the Shadow Project.
- The Shadow Project is a separate competition, with separate rules and terms and conditions, which the Promoter is not responsible for. As the Winner of the Competition will be entered directly into the Semi-finals of the Shadow Project, all Participants will be required to agree to McLaren Racing’s terms and conditions in order to enter the Competition.
- TERMS OF ENTRY
- Entering the Competition includes online registration and possessing a copy of the official Project Cars 2 game and a compatible console, in line with Project Cars 2’s compatibility list.
- By entering the Competition each Participant agrees that he/she has read and accepts the following terms and conditions:
- All Participants must acknowledge and agree that they may be filmed at any stage during the Competition, and that the Promoter, its group companies and their licensee’s will be entitled to use and exploit that footage at their complete discretion.
- Participants who qualify to compete in the Final will be required to enter into a written contract as a precondition to participating in the Final. Such contract will include:
- the Terms and Conditions for the Final;
- an acknowledgement that the Logitech G Challenge Final will be filmed and that the Promoter, its group companies and their licensees will be entitled to use and exploit footage of the Final at Promoter’s discretion;
- an agreement to participate in publicity and media activities relating to the Logitech G Challenge, as required;
- consent to the Promoter, its group companies and their licensees using the qualifying Participant’s name, voice, image, slogan, likeness, photographs, images (still and moving), biography, prize information, gaming tag, statistics and performance in the Competition for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes without further payment or compensation and assigning any intellectual property created during the Competition (as the case may be);
- a commitment that the Participant is available for the dates of the Shadow Project Semi-final and Final; and
- acceptance of the McLaren Shadow Project Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is open to people 18 years of age on the date of registration who are legal residents of Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland or Poland, provided Project Cars 2, Logitech, McLaren and/or eSports are not prohibited or unlawful in the concerned country (each Participant to satisfy themselves as to whether this condition is met). The officers, directors and employees of the Promoter, of Project Cars, of McLaren Racing, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, as well as all advertising, promotion and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion and immediate family members (parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, step-children, siblings, civil partners or spouses) or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- All Entrants must have or be willing to have a Project Cars 2 account with an individual username. This username must not include obscene, vulgar or profane words, phrases or inferences. Any entrant with a username that does not comply will be immediately disqualified at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- To be eligible to win the Competition, Participants must:
- hold a valid passport;
- be capable of obtaining the appropriate visa (if applicable) to enter Paris, France and the UK within 11 days of Competition closing;
- not have been convicted of any criminal offences;
- be in good general health to take part in the competitions; and
- not have an existing racing or simulator contract with any motorsports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with their ability to accept the Competition Prize AND the Shadow Project Prize.
- In entering the Competition, Participants confirm that they are eligible to do so. The Promoter may require Participants to provide proof that they are eligible to enter the C
- The Promoter and McLaren Racing reserve the right to verify the eligibility of Participants at any time during the Competition, the Prize or Shadow Project, through any method they require, including requesting that Participants undergo a medical assessment and that the Participants provide certified copies of their;
- Passport/Identity card;
- Driving license; and/or
Failure to comply with any verification procedures conducted by the Promoter or McLaren Racing will result in disqualification from the Competition, Shadow Project and/or withdrawal of the Prize. In the event of any dispute arising from the verification procedure the Promoters decision shall be final.
- The Promoter will not accept Competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals; or
- There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not permitted.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify the Participant if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the C
- Competition entries cannot be returned.
- HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the Competition, Participants will be required to register online, via the Logitech G Challenge microsite located at www.logitechgchallenge.com from Thursday 13th September 2018 to 23:59 CEST on Sunday 14th October 2018 inclusive (the “Registration Period”).
- Participants will be required to provide the following information at registration:
- First Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Contact Telephone Number
- Country of residence
- Project Cars 2 username (exactly as it appears inside game leaderboards)
- All registration forms must be completed and received by the Promoter within the Registration Period. Registrations received after the Registration Period will be automatically discarded.
- Upon registration, Participants will be able to enter the in-game server for any open Qualifying Sessions, and set lap times in time trial format to compete. Participants’ lap times will be automatically registered, with the server storing each users fastest lap time as their Competition entry.
- The Qualifier Events will run from 00:01 CEST on 24th September 2018 to 23:59 CEST on Monday 15th October 2018 inclusive (“Qualifier Events Period”).
- All entries must be received by the Promoter within the Qualifier Events Period. Entries received after the Qualifier Events Period will be automatically discarded.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
- By submitting a registration form, Participants agree to be bound by these terms and
- A copy of these terms and conditions is available on : logitechgchallenge.com
- PRIZE AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS
- The Prizes for the Qualifier Events are as follows (“Qualifier Prizes”):
- The Participants who come in the top 3 positions on the online leaderboard after the Qualifier Events and the 5 wild card winners will receive the following:
- a place in the Logitech G Challenge Finals at Paris Games Week in Paris, France, 28 October 2018;
- a 2-day trip to the above-mentioned competition with expenses paid: flight or train (round-trip economy-class air or train travel tickets between winner’s city of residence or closest point of departure and Paris), accommodation (1-nights stay in a standard room in a 3 star hotel), transfers and meals; and
- a Logitech G Racing Bundle with Simulator Racing Rig Setup consisting of a Playseat and Logitech G Steering wheel.
- The Participants who come in positions 4-10 on the online leaderboard after the Qualifier Events will win a G29 or G920 DRIVING FORCE RACING WHEEL (according to the winners preference).
- The prizes will be shipped to the address provided by the winner in the registration.
- Winner of the Logitech G Challenge Final will receive following prizes (“Final Prizes”):
- be crowned Logitech G Challenge Champion;
- be entered directly into the Semi-finals of the McLaren Shadow Project 2018 which will be held at the McLaren Technology Centre (UK) on Saturday 17th November 2018 (Participants to arrive in London Friday 16th November).
McLaren Racing will pay for flights, accommodation, transfers and meals related to the participation in the McLaren Shadow Project 2018. The Promoter will not be liable if this prize is not available through circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
- No compensation or refund will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of a flight. The travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Promotion Official Rules, and those set forth by the airline carriers as provided in the passenger ticket contract. WINNERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AT THEIR OWN COSTS THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO TRAVEL, SUCH AS VALID PASSPORT AND VISA (IF NECESSARY), AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THAT SUCH TRAVEL PAPERS ARE VALID PRIOR TO, AND FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF, THE COMPETITIONS SPECIFIED IN CLAUSE 6.1(a) AND 6.2(c) ABOVE AND DURING THE TIME OF THE TRAVEL. TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS, CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY APPLY. Winners assume responsibility of all other charges and incidental travel costs, including, without limitation, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, taxes and insurance costs and fees. Winners are required to have proper medical insurance for the duration of the stay abroad. Winners could have to pay additional incidental travel expenses to receive the prize.
- Prizes are not transferable or refundable, must be accepted as awarded and cannot be resold for profit. No cash equivalent or alternative product or prize will be made available; provided, however, that Sponsor reserves the right to, without any prior notice and at any time, replace with a similar product or the latest release of a product of the same category. Any taxes and any duties on the prize are the Winners sole responsibility.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
- The 8 winners of the Qualifier Events will be announced on www.logitechgchallenge.com on Tuesday 16th October 2018.
- The Logitech G Challenge Champion, overall winner of the Competition, will be announced on www.logitechgchallenge.com on Sunday 28th October 2018.
- The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will contact the winners personally as soon as practicable after the announcements, using the data provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winners of the prize as in line with clause 7.4 above.
- The winners of the prizes will have 5 days from notification to claim the prizes as instructed in their notification email. If the prizes are not claimed in that period, the prize will be considered forfeited. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on the Winners behalf. Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the end of the Qualifier Events Period.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if the winners are not able to take up the prizes.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, McLaren Racing, Project Cars their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of participating in the Competition or taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, McLaren Racing, Project Cars, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. The Winners statutory rights are not affected.
- The Promoter, McLaren Racing, Project Cars, their agents or distributors accept no responsibility for any costs associated with any prizes or participation in the Competition that are not expressly stated to be their responsibility in these Terms and Conditions. Additionally, each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on their income.
- The Promoter, McLaren Racing, Project Cars, their agents or distributors further hold no liability for any injury or damage to any Participant or any other person’s computer or console, relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition save to the extent that (i) death or personal injury is caused by the Promoter, McLaren Racing, Project Cars, their agents or distributors negligence; (ii) such liability arises from fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) for any other reason or by any cause which cannot be excluded by law
- The Promoter, McLaren Racing, Project Cars, their agents or distributors shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations relating to the Competition where the failure is caused by something outside their reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- MODIFICATIONS, CANCELLATION
10.1 If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled affects the fairness and / or integrity of the
Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, change or suspend the Competition.
This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error.
10.2 The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Competition with or without prior notice for reasons outside
its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or
actual fraud, cheating, any computer virus, bug, or any catastrophic event).
- OWNERSHIP OF COMPETITION ENTRIES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
11.1 All registration and competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the
Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
11.2. By submitting a competition entry and any accompanying material, the Participant agrees to:
- assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- waive all moral rights in and to the Participants competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with the Participants entry to which the Participants may now or at any time in the future be entitled under all applicable legislations.
11.3 The Participant agrees that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make its entry available on its website https://logitechgchallenge.com and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. The Participant agrees to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, reformat and sublicence the Competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
12.3. Sharing and Disclosure. The Promoter does not share, trade, rent, sell or otherwise disclose its customer or user information to unaffiliated companies. The Promoter may share Participants’ personal information with consent, or as necessary, with partners affiliated with Competitions or to provide any operations or support to products and services requested or authorized by the Participant.
13.1. In registering and participating in the Competition each Participant confirms that they:
- are eligible to do so;
- fully and unconditionally agree to and undertake to comply with these Terms and Conditions and all other agreements, rules and policies referred to in these Terms and Conditions and any instruction of the Promoter (and/or its nominee) in relation to the Competition; and
- accept that decisions of the Promoter regarding all matters relating to the Competition are final and binding.
13.2. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions,
the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude the Participant from
participating in the Competition.
13.3. All decisions regarding the interpretation of these rules, eligibility, scheduling and staging of the Competition lie solely with the Promoter (and anyone acting on its behalf), whose decisions are final. The Promoter’s decisions cannot be appealed and shall not give rise to any claim for monetary damages or any other legal or equitable remedy. Participants agree to be bound by the Promoter’s (and anyone acting on its behalf) final decisions.
13.4. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
13.5. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Lausanne, Switzerland.